TIME: There is no time limit on a session so we can take the time together to get the right headshots for you.
DIRECTION: I work in a very relaxed and friendly way and will direct you throughout the shoot. We will concentrate on expression and the right angle for you. I will make sure you are conveying the confident, approachable professional that you are.
BREAKS: We will take regular breaks so we can review each image and get your feedback. We can then fix any problems and continue with the shoot.
MUSIC: I will be playing music during the entire shoot so please feel free to let me know any requests or feel free to bring along you own tunes.
From start to finish we will ensure that you have the perfect picture.
Delivering high-quality images for your business
Photoshop & Lightroom
YEARS HEADSHOT PHOTOGRAPHER
Cups of Coffee
South London Location
I have over 20 years of experience delivering actors headshots which stand out from the crowd. I photograph a lot 1st, 2nd and 3rd year student headshots from all the major Colleges, Universities and conservatoires.
Whether you a CEO being photographed for your website, an estate agent needing a profile headshot or a dentist who needs a profile picture for the meet the team page I can give you a headshot that looks professional.
I’m James Keates, professional Headshot Photographer based in Epsom, Surrey. Creating dynamic and captivating headshots for working professionals. My Actors & Corporate Headshots business took off in early 2004. Since then I have seen some amazingly talented professionals succeed at obtaining their dream and making their career go from strength to strength.
Is there parking at your studio?
Yes, I have an off street drive which you are more than welcome to use or there is plenty of free on street parking.
How long until I get my Headshots?
I aim to get your Headshots back to you in 24 hours of the shoot. Sometimes this is 48 hours if it is busy.
Can I get extra retouched images on top of the 3 which are provided in the package and how much are they?
Yes, absolutely, they are £15 per images. You will be supplied with a version in colour and B&W.
Can I bring a friend of family member with me to the shoot?
Yes you can, they can be my assistant!
How will I receive my Headshots?
I will send you a link to download all of your high resolution Headshots.
Very happy with the photo shoot. James is very good at making you feel comfortable. I have some incredible headshots.
James is very professional, he produced top quality headshots and makes you feel very comfortable in the studio.
Delighted with the photos from James, he supplied me with a superb range of images that look fantastic.
James is a really lovely photographer who seeks to create the best possible headshots for the individual. He is easy to work with and the resulting photographs enhance my best features. Highly reccomended.
Great photographer, fantastic value for money, good and convenient location, highly recommended!
Recommended to everyone. Throughout the session I feel at ease and in very professional hands. The end results are the most amazing headshots I can use for lots of different castings.
A good headshot can get you noticed and open doors to where you want to be. My goal is to capture the real you and for your headshot to get in front of agents and ultimately find you work. After all this is an investment for you so let’s get it right from the start and for that preparation is key. So here are some tips on how to prepare for a successful headshot session:
• Think about your casting types.
Think about roles you have played or would like to play. Where you would like to take things in the future and your goals. Speak to colleagues, friends, tutors and peers to get honest opinions. The more information you can give me on this the better.
• If you have headshots from previous sessions bring them along with you even if you do not like them. It is useful to see what has worked and what has not in the past.
• Look though my headshot portfolio and let me know which images/style you really like and feel free to bring any examples from other photographers as well.
• For clothing bring along as much variation as possible. You want to bring clothes that fit you well and make you feel relaxed. We are going to use 6 changes of top during your Headshot session but that doesn’t mean you can not bring along more. Variety is the spice of life! Think about necklines and colours especially ones which bring out your eye colour. This will help you really stand out and for the images to pop. Have a think about bringing some layers such as couple of different jackets as this could be helpful in bringing a different element to some shots. Please make sure the clothes are neat and not creased.
• Avoid any jewellery such as necklaces and earrings as it will distract from your face.
• For make up a natural/nude look is best and how you would turn up for an audition. Any blemishes can be taken care of in post production, that’s what Photoshop was made for!
• For hair you do not want it over styled. Go for natural and a style which will compliment your face. Do not get a hair cut the day before the shoot. A few days before is fine as your hair will have had a chance to relax and not look like a new haircut.
• Embrace your face! Practice looking at your face in the mirror and at different angles. Get used to doing different expressions and smiles. You are a unique person so embrace that slightly wonky nose or that eye which is slightly bigger than the other or that scar you have had since a kid. All of this is your character and is ultimately what will get you an audition, so love the skin you are in!
HEADSHOTS • BUSINESS HEADSHOTS • OFFICE HEADSHOTS ON LOCATION • ACTOR HEADSHOTS • PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS • OFFICE HEADSHOTS • HEADSHOTS NEAR • CORPORATE HEADSHOT • HEADSHOT • ON-LOCATION HEADSHOTS • CORPORATE HEADSHOTS • ACTOR • HEADSHOTS • HEADSHOT PHOTOGRAPHER • HEADSHOT PHOTOGRAPHER • SPORTS PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER • STAFF HEADSHOTS • OFFICE HEADSHOTS • EMPLOYEE HEADSHOTS • STUDENT HEADSHOTS • DOCTOR HEADSHOTS • ATTORNEY HEADSHOTS • REAL ESTATE HEADSHOTS • THEATRICAL HEADSHOTS • ACTING HEADSHOTS • STAGE HEADSHOTS • OPERA HEADSHOTS • ON CAMERA HEADSHOTS • PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOT PHOTOGRAPHER • HEADSHOTS NEAR ME